The Customer acknowledges that Glide provides the telecommunications network facilities underlying the Services provided. The use of Glide’s telecommunications network facilities is subject to the following terms, breach of which may result in suspension or termination of the end user’s right to use the Services:
1. The Services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission of any material through the Glide network or otherwise using the Services, or use of any part of them, in violation of any UK law or regulation is prohibited. Such prohibited transmission might include, but is not limited to: unlicensed copyright material, material legally judged to be threatening or obscene, material protected by trade secret, whether or not the end user was aware of the content of the material or of the relevant law.
2. The Customer may be issued with one or more passwords to access the Services and if so shall take all reasonable steps to keep such passwords private and confidential, and ensure that they do not become known to other persons. If any such password becomes known to any other person the Customer will immediately inform Glide and the password shall be changed immediately. The Customer shall be liable for all use of the Services accessed by means of any of its passwords even if such password was used by an unauthorised person.
3. The Customer shall not knowingly use the Services for transmission of computer viruses, for transmission of any material which is defamatory, offensive or abusive or of an obscene or menacing character, or which may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety, or for the posting of any such material to bulletin boards or newsgroups in a manner which constitutes a violation or infringement of the rights of any person,
firm or company (including but not limited to intellectual property rights). The Customer will not use the Services for the purposes of carrying out unsolicited / non-permission based mass mailings, mass advertisements, pirating or copying of software, mail bombing or other methods of attempting to deny service or access to other users, or attempts to violate security.
4. The Customer acknowledges that Glide is unable to exercise control over the content of any information passing over the Glide network and that Glide does not monitor or exercise any editorial control over the information passing over the Glide network. The Customer further acknowledges that Glide hereby excludes all liability in respect of any transmission or reception of information of whatever kind, or the accuracy of the contents thereof, or the scrambling of any information or data, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
5. The Services may be used by the Customer to access other networks world-wide and the end user agrees to conform to any acceptable use policies of Glide and any such other networks. In addition the Customer undertakes to conform to any published internet protocols and standards. In the event that communications by the Customer do not conform to these standards, or if the Customer makes inappropriate use other than in accordance with this Agreement of the Glide network and/or Services to the detriment of Glide or other Glide customers, Glide reserves the right to restrict passage of the Customer communications via the Services until the Customer complies with such standards or protocol or provides undertakings acceptable to Glide in respect of the Customer’s future use.
In the event that the end user is in breach of any provision of this schedule, Glide shall be entitled to suspend all or part of the Services forthwith without notice